The thread material is made from poly-L-lactic acid which is fully dissolved and broken down over 6-12 months into lactate and is processed naturally by the body. However over this time the threads promote dermal remodelling by stimulating the body’s fibroblasts to lay down new collagen in the direction that we want to create lift in the face. This new collagen lasts several years in the body and is how the Thread Lift produces long-term results. The procedure is often combined with dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle injections to address volume loss as well as lift.
About Thread Lifts
Who Is A Good Candidate For A Thread Lift?
- Females or males between the ages of 40-65 years
- Mild-moderate sagging of the midface or jowl area
- Not wishing to undertake a surgical procedure such as a face lift
- Non-smokers (the procedure relies on the body’s ability to produce collagen, this is significantly impaired in people who smoke)
What We Can Improve
- An improvement in sagging tissue in the cheeks, around the mouth, and in the jaw.
- Increase in skin collagen production.