What is normal after filler?
- Redness – lasting about an hour.
- Swelling – settling over 1-2 hours but possibly present for up to 2 weeks.
- Tenderness – soreness when you press the treated area.
- Bruising – appears 12-24 hours after treatment. It isn’t harmful but can be embarrassing, so you can cover it with makeup while it fades over 1-3 weeks.
- Lumps – filler can look or feel a bit firm and occasionally will feel like small lumps under the skin before softening over 4-6 weeks.
What can i do after filler?
- Cleanse your face as normal.
- Cool packs and antihistamine medication will reduce swelling.
- The day after treatment you can use concealer to cover bruises, and arnica or Hirudoid cream to fade them. You can commence using your regular makeup routines.
- No intense exercise, alcohol, active skincare or makeup for the rest of the day following treatment.
- No international flights for three days.
- No swimming, saunas or facials for the first week.
- No dental treatment for one month.
- No face-down massage for one month if you have had cheeks, brows or chin treated.
- No sun glasses for 10 days if you have nose treated.
What should i watch for?
The following signs can indicate an infection or filler blocking an artery. This requires prompt treatment. Please contact Dr Allison immediately if you experience:
- Large bruises
- Mottled, red, purple or white discolouration on the skin near the treated area.
- Increasing pain.
- Blisters or pustules near the treatment area.
If you notice any of these signs please call Dr. Scott Allison immediately on the number provided to you during your consultation.